[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Richie Kennedy richiekennedy56 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:40:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, is there a way to fix the Kansas Turnpike shield. The KTA shield is
>> not rendered as a cutout anywhere, even on guide signs.
>>

> It was a style choice by Phil to do all shields as cutouts. I think it
> looks pretty good and having one that isn't a cutout may look odd... or
> not. I don't know. But yes, it can of course be changed.

Phil may want to use this version as a basis for the Turnpike:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kansas_Turnpike2.svg
I uploaded that to commons last night. The version currently posted looks
like a poor tracing of a low-res bitmap.

> [As an aside, the 'N' and 'E' on Douglas County roads do *not* stand for
>> 'North' or 'East,']
>>

> TIGER didn't get the memo apparently

I'm more worried about flesh-and-blood mappers not getting the memo and
causing an inadvertent edit war. ;)

--
Richie Kennedy
www.route56.com * richiekennedy56 at gmail.com
facebook.com/route56 * twitter.com/route56

I'm not crazy. I'm just ahead of my time.