[Talk-us] Putting businesses on OSM with onosm.org

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:46:35 UTC 2013

At the Chicago Hack Weekend several months ago I started a project with the
goal of making it easier for businesses to add themselves to the map.

http://onosm.org/ is the result and I'd love to hear some feedback.

A couple limitations right now:
- If we can't geocode you, you can't participate. I'm trying to think of a
way to let you past the first step if you know where to find yourself on
the map.

- The details I'm asking for are pretty barren. What else should I ask for?

- My plan is to post all these details in an anonymous note via the notes
API. It doesn't do that yet.

- How should follow-up be handled? Should I ask for and include an e-mail
address in the note?

Let me know what you think!
Ian