[Talk-us] GNIS tag removal proposal

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:09:11 UTC 2013

Hi Serge,

- If there are two tags for the feature id, we should pick one and
change the other one.
- I don't think the ele tag should be renamed just because it is only
accurate to 60m. Everything in the database is an estimate.
- I would be ok with removing all of the gnis:* tags except the
feature id. There is no reason for us to maintain the other data.
- You might want to keep the ele tags.

Thanks
Jason