[Talk-us] Fwd: Postal Code Extract

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Aug 30 22:02:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Eric Fischer <enf at pobox.com> wrote:

> Or if you just want the US zip code polygons and don't care if you get
> them from OSM or somewhere else, you could just download the shapefile of
> Census Zip Code Tabulation Areas from
> http://www2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2013/ZCTA5/

It's the OSM data I'm after. I'd like to do a test to make sure that there
are no outliers. I would expect that I should be able to construct a
polygon from zip codes. If not, then there it might mean an import problem.
I'm going to try Mike's suggestion of increasing the timeout. I did
increase it, but not as much as suggested.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch