[Talk-us] Fwd: Postal Code Extract

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Fri Aug 30 22:49:45 UTC 2013

If you are looking for the correct ZIP code by address you should acquire
the USPS ZIP4 product
https://ribbs.usps.gov/addressing/documents/tech_guides/pubs/AIS.PDF
The Census ZCTA5 data is pretty good to help determine the predominant ZIP
code in areas.  It misses singleton addresses but you can pick up many of
them by looking at the Census TIGER edge file zipl and zipr.

C.