[Talk-us] Currently available good GPS for use with OSM mapping in the USA?

Joseph R. Justice jayarejay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 04:50:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Joseph R. Justice <jayarejay at gmail.com>wrote:

I see the eTrex 30 currently for $219 (down from $299) as a Black Friday
> special direct from Garmin, and for $199 from GPSCity.  (And the 199 price
> is the same as Garmin retail for the eTrex 20, tho I'm sure GPSCity's price
> for that one is less than Garmin's also.)  Online web shopping doesn't show
> me any cheaper prices, so...  And GPSCity has the recommended Garmin case
> for it available for less also, and free shipping, so...

For anyone curious, I ended up going for the Garmin eTrex 30 *plus also*
the Garmin GLO, plus accessories (cases and belt clips and the like), from
GPSCity.  Basically, I got the two main items from GPSCity for the same
price as Garmin's normal list retail for just the eTrex 30 by itself.  And,
that was still within / at the upper limit I'd originally set for what I
was thinking about spending.  I dithered about it for a little while, but
decided that this way I would have a dedicated GPS device capable of
communicating with Android devices if after getting some experience I
decided that was the better way to go.

It took them a few days to ship, because one of the items I ordered was
backordered, but it was finally shipped today and I should receive it on
Dec 9.  Yay.

Again, thanks for all the responses.

Ibid.

Joseph