[Talk-us] Importing addresses from TIGER

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Dec 12 23:06:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 12.12.2013 18:04, Saikrishna Arcot wrote:
> Does the Public Domain status mean that they can be used and imported
> into OpenStreetMap? I might start soon on adding addresses in Atlanta.

They *could* legally be imported but, quoting from this very thread:

Mike N.: "They are not acceptable for import into OSM for quality reasons."

Ian Dees: "you still most definitely need to go through the import process."

Where "the import process" means that you'll have to make a plan and
discuss that - you can't just go ahead and import.

Bye
Frederik