[Talk-us] Prioritizing multi-banded route designators (multiple overlaps) on ways: the "Principal route designator" concept

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 22 07:33:05 UTC 2013

I know awhile back I updated the ref tag on the short segment of I-77 that has I-74 cosigned with it from "ref=I 74;I 77" to "ref=I 77;I 74" because along that segment, they are using I-77's mile markers.  Plus it helps to know that I-77 was there long before the two I-74 signs (one NB and one SB) were added along it.

So, at least when it comes to Interstates with 2 or more Interstates posted on a segment, you should always put the one that the mile markers/exit numbers are based off of first in the way ref tag.

-James