[Talk-us] Reaching out to Local User Groups

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Wed Feb 6 22:13:57 GMT 2013

Hi Paul

I was basically alone starting the Seattle group for many months. We had a lot of churn (one person come one month, then a different person the next…)

It takes a long time, but it is worth it.

Also, I wouldn't bother reaching out to existing mappers as we never found that working well vs. spending the same time finding new people/groups.

One more thing - if you set up a meetup.com group you automatically will start to see curious people join up.

Steve