[Talk-us] Changeset 14828923 review

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Sun Feb 10 11:21:19 GMT 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM, stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:

> **

Marsland Street (way 12700863) has many extraneous tags which are nonsense
> and can/should be removed:  access, area, bridge, cutting, embankment,
> junction, oneway and tunnel, if not more. ...

I believe the presence of all these tags is the user clicking through all
the tabs in Potlatch2 and filling changing them from "unset" to whatever
seems to make sense for them.  By convention, we know that streets are
assumed to be two-way and there is no need to add the oneway=no tag, but
now that I look at P2, there's no indication of this and even if you jump
to the wiki, it doesn't really give any suggestion to omit the oneway tag
for two-way streets.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway

For access restrictions, there's this complicated page which lists defaults
values by country.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions#United_States_of_America

I wouldn't expect a new mapper to know that.

I can't honestly decide if this is a real noob (no offense to noobs, I
> enjoy helping noobs...) or somebody bent on subtle but foolish vandalism.

I'd lean toward a new mapper that needs guidance here.