[Talk-us] Turn restriction dispute

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Feb 10 18:46:57 GMT 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your information on NE2 is grossly inaccurate.
>
> NE2 makes very few positive edits, and many, many destructive ones, as
> well as previous threats to make more edits that conform with his (and
> only his) vision of the world.

There's still a lot of ways incorrectly tagged trunk from when he carried
out such a threat to mass-retag everything in route=road; network=US:US as
trunk (even when the vast majority of these aren't expressways, even if
they are the primary route).

> Regarding precedent, this would not be the first person that the OSMF
> has had to take action on. Others have been banned, but NE2's
> particular brand of edit has always ridden the line, as he's not
> explicitly doing anything illegal (ie not copyright violation). But
> OSM is not his personal playground, and his view that this project is
> his sandbox to impose his will on (reality and community consensus be
> damned) is just unacceptable.

And given that this situation hasn't changed over time, I believe this will
continue to be the case indefinitely.  The ball is in our court.