[Talk-us] Turn restriction dispute

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Feb 10 23:22:38 GMT 2013

Richard Welty writes:
 > NE2 asked me to share this diary entry with the list:
 >
 >              http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/NE2/diary/18600

That's interesting, but I'll note three things:
  o the tire tracks with one exception turn left, and
  o the one set of tire tracks that goes "left"-right was left by a
    car skidding its tires, implying that the movement was done
    surreptitiously, in haste.
  o There are fewer things you can do when a policeman is watching
    than not.

The point behind turn restrictions is that a routing algorithm is
going to be looking for them to create a route. While it's fine that
NE2 is willing to make that turn on a lazy Sunday, would he send his
mother that way?

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog