[Talk-us] parcel boundaries and associated data in OSM

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Thu Feb 14 20:41:13 GMT 2013

Brian

Personally I think it's brilliant you're working on this, and I'd love OSM to work hand in hand to make it happen. Ideally I'd love OSM to be the repository for this, it helps everybody.

There is speculation (but no actual statistically valid causation data) to suggest that imports somehow "harm" the community and, either way, it'd be great to find a way to help local communities help massage things as we pull it in.

At the end of the project, say in 2030 or something, it's going to have this level of detail anyway so, I say why not start now?

Best

Steve