[Talk-us] parcel boundaries and associated data in OSM

Brian Cavagnolo bcavagnolo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:02:58 GMT 2013

Hey guys,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback.  Instead of responding in detail, I
will attempt to organize these thoughts on the Parcel wiki page.  In
any case, I think it is safe to say that there is no strong consensus
for uploading parcel data.  That said, it sounds like there is strong
consensus that some incarnation of an "open parcel map" maintained
with OSM compatibility in mind would be useful.  We (the UAL at
Berkeley) do have resources to contribute to this, including hardware,
bandwidth, and some grad student labor.  Some folks on this thread
mentioned some ideas about possible next steps.  I'm open to setting
up a conference call and maybe going from idea to strategy.  Let me
know off-list if you're interested in participating and we'll try to
find a good time.

Old Topo Depot and any other Bay Area locals: I live in SF and am
commonly in Berkeley.  Let's grab a beer or cup of coffee sometime
soonish.  Alternatively, is there a regular OSM users group meeting or
something?

Ciao,
Brian