[Talk-us] OSM US Server Infrastructure

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:22:44 UTC 2013

Hi talk-us!

I'm putting together a request to upgrade the OSM US server infrastructure
and would love to have the community's feedback. To learn more about what
sort of resources the OSM US chapter currently has to offer, check out the
wiki page I put together:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Servers

In general, though, we have a primary machine with lots of memory and a
fair amount of disk.

This hardware is currently used to serve imagery tiles proxied from various
sources and rendered from various Mapnik stylesheets. There's also an
osm2pgsql database that is kept up to date on an hourly basis.

Are you working on a project related to OSM and need resources to keep it
going? Do you have an idea for improving OSM in the US but don't know how
to proceed? Let me know and we can discuss what sort of hardware might be
needed.

-Ian