[Talk-us] Possible coping from Google Maps

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:18:37 UTC 2013

The user who added the interchange has no GPS traces listed for his account. --James
 Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:05:52 -0600
From: claysmalley at gmail.com
To: rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
CC: talk-us at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Possible coping from Google Maps

If I weren't confined to my phone right now, I'd check it myself, but are there any GPS tracks along the new interchange?
On Feb 20, 2013 9:58 PM, "James Mast" <rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com> wrote:

I just happened to spot a place where there is a possible coping from Google Maps.

http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/?mt0=mapnik&mt1=googlemapmaker&lon=-75.5301&lat=40.07484&zoom=16

While it doesn't look exact on the curves, the places where the ramps start/end/merge seems to be an exact match to Google's.  The only reason I'm bringing this up is because of Bing Imagery not even showing the construction, let along the completion, of this new interchange on the PA Turnpike (I-76).

This interchange was added in Changeset 14937179. - http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/14937179

Anybody else have a comment on this changeset.  Also, anybody who has previous experence with the user that did this change be willing to contact him?

--James

Talk-us at openstreetmap.org