[Talk-us] Possible coping from Google Maps

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:58:45 UTC 2013

Well, I'm sending him a message right now asking him about this.  Will update this when/if I get a message back from him.

Also, I just downloaded the GPS tracks in that area, and none of them are along the new interchange ramps.

And the reason I got the possible assumption is that some of the same possible bugs for this interchange in OSM are also present in Google (and Google had it first).  I've seen plans for this interchange (but can't find them online anymore and didn't have them downloaded in the past when they were online).  Also, take a look at the start of the WB off-ramp.  Look how the highway turns sharp right at almost in the same place in both Google and OSM.  Never seen a ramp do that before on the PA Turnpike, and that was the first thing that led me to think something was off big time. Just wish people would add changeset info when they upload changes.  Would be easier to keep track of stuff and sources to be honest.  Kinda wish JOSM would prevent "empty" changeset descriptions.  Something is better than nothing I guess.

--James.