[Talk-us] Possible coping from Google Maps

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 01:13:33 UTC 2013

> Other than Google Mapmaker is there any other ways that Google's data
gets updated?  ... Does Google import any data from OSM?

I know they import data from Wikipedia. See page 2 of
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Eq73uboh5gOiIRf0xmOCCNS9GqQT9o38jA2e1Isog88/edit?usp=sharing

After seeing the area, I looked it up on WIkipedia and found the location
on GeoHack had two digits transposed in the Lat Long, and this had
apparently propagated to Google Maps. Looks like it has moved but still
isn't in the correct place on Google Maps search, but is correct following
from GeoHack to Google Maps or OSM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Rogers_%E2%80%93_Wiley_Post_Memorial_Seaplane_Base

Michael