[Talk-us] parcel data next steps

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Feb 25 20:50:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM, SteveCoast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> Majority of what exactly? I think it's tough to put much credence in a
> couple of people on this mailing list vs. anyone who added data this month
> as statistically valid.

If you haven't done so already, please try editing an area that has had
parcel data added. It is a nightmare. I know tools can be improved, but
still parcels have very little relation to any other feature, even
landuses, fences, etc. often don't line up. The only way I'd like to see
parcel data added to OSM is if the concept of layers is added to the API.
Then we'd have a landuse layer, a parcel layer, a ??? layer, and an
everything else layer.

-Josh