[Talk-us] Virtual Mappy Hour starting in 30 minutes

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:42:21 UTC 2013

Mike,

Thanks for the comment and sharing that map. I defintely see in this case
where it would be useful to have the forward/backward roles. I am still
learning (always) about relations and so forth, and have seen those roles
used on other routes.

On the wiki for the public transport routes, it says not to use the roles,
so that is what I'd been doing. Here is a link, 2nd paragraph under route
direction:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport#Route

I suppose this schema emphasizes multiple relations for each route, forward
and backward. I'd like to know more though if you're seeing other mappers
use those roles on public transport mapping.

-Elliott

-----
http://about.me/elliottp | http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ElliottPlack