[Talk-us] Addresses with no house number

Clay Smalley claysmalley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:55:30 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM, stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:

> **
> For example, a particular residential house in Carmel might be assigned as
> an address node tag:
>
> addr:housename=Casanova Street, East side, third house south of 9th

I think that's better fit for the key addr:full=*. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr

 I'm whole-cloth inventing this as an example, and again, it would be good
> to know what the Post Office does.

I believe the common way to do things over there is to say "Dolores 3rd NW
of 8th" if you want to describe the place on the west side of Dolores
Street that is the third house north of 8th Street.
--
Clay