[Talk-us] Happy New Year from MapRoulette!

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Jan 28 02:46:52 GMT 2013

Hi all - I promised to collect all ideas and suggestions on the wiki
but I decided to take a different approach for collecting new
MapRoulette ideas that makes my life a lot easier. If you have an idea
for a MapRoulette challenge, please head over to
https://github.com/mvexel/remapatron/issues?state=open and add them
there. Of course we can continue to discuss MR-related topics here,
all I am asking is for folks to add their ideas for enhancements / new
challenges to GitHub themselves.

Thanks and thanks for all the feedback as well!

Martijn

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Dale Puch <dale.puch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the layer/bridge/tunnel, if you chose this one.  Can you add those
> tags if present to the maproulette info page, maybe name and type as well.
> Perhaps with different color coded highlights for the two crossing ways.
> The idea being to be able to see what is wrong at a glance before loading
> the area to edit.  As some of this is not visual, this would also give the
> roulette user a chance to see if the problem was fixed or a false positive
> before opening in the editor.
>

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM, <dies38061 at mypacks.net> wrote:
>>
>> Likewise for highways crossing waterways; there are plenty of places where
>> there is neither a bridge nor tunnel where the two intersect.  More subtle
>> would be also looking for layer problems where two ways cross and there is a
>> bridge or tunnel, but there are no layer tags. --ceyockey

Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/
http://openstreetmap.us/