[Talk-us] Shield rendering and detours; tagging nicknames?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jul 13 23:52:00 UTC 2013

OK, wonder if we can get orange detour banners for routes as well?  Example
relations can be found in the downtown Tulsa area, which has an interstate
(244), two US routes (64, 75) and an Oklahoma state highway (51) detoured
through the end of next year.  Also, thanks to the serious overload on
route multiplexing, exacerbated by the construction, this would be a good
area to test route shield hell.  I've also finally gotten around to adding
relations for the LL Tisdale Parkway (
http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/ok/cool_j/) and the Gilcrease Expressway (
http://www.aaroads.com/shields/show.php?image=OK19720071) to test out city
route shields.

Also, what would be an appropriate tag for a completely informal name for
something that is getting uptake by way of traffic reports?  Tulsa's Inner
Dispersal Loop has been called the "Inner Detour Loop" by some reporters.