[Talk-us] Steady increase in the number of mappers in the US

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jul 19 03:13:26 UTC 2013

Clifford Snow writes:
 > I'd like to suggest that we adopt a goal of increasing the number of active
 > mappers in the US. I'm not sure how we accomplish it, but I'd like
 > to solicit suggestions and feedback.

Use of OSM data drives editing of OSM data, as long as people know
it's editable. We discovered that effect when I was still at
Cloudmade. So my suggestion is to look at the way OSM data is used and
make sure that the people who are the end consumers of that data know
that they can contribute to the accuracy of the map.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog