[Talk-us] Steady increase in the number of mappers in the US

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sat Jul 20 00:49:05 UTC 2013

I agree that getting mom & pop websites to use OSM will help a lot in getting people aware of of the project and primed to assist. But that is not possible now. There are two things needed for any mom & pop site to use OSM:

1. Some quick, easy no hassle way to embed a slippery map.
2. Routing available on the main OSM website so that when they click through the slippery map they are setup for getting directions.

I'm using Google right now at http://www.nordicbase.org/about because of those two missing features. I thought I could use http://open.mapquest.com/ but if it is possible to do this it is not obvious how.

-Tod