[Talk-us] JuicyTrails Map and App based on OSM data released

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Jul 26 02:51:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM, derrick nehrenberg <
derricknehrenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I posted my GPS tracking and trail map app to the Google Play store today.
>  I am writing because I am interested in getting some early feedback from
> the OSM community, especially regarding feature requests or improvements to
> the map, website, and app.
>
> It would also be great to hear thoughts about how juicytrails can
> facilitate trail mapping.

I would be interested in how you plan to contribute back to OSM. Can users
enter OSM notes? Will gps tracks be uploaded to OSM?

With other sites, users can upload information that they use to create
trails. It would be nice if we had traces uploaded into OSM for tracing
into trails along with information such as trail name, surface, etc.

I'd certainly like to hear more.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch