[Talk-us] JuicyTrails Map and App based on OSM data released

Mark Newnham mark at newnhams.com
Fri Jul 26 12:03:06 UTC 2013

Just downloaded it onto a Samsung Galaxy 2.
1. when the phone goes to sleep, as soon as it wakes up, the position of the map reverts back to the current position. If I'm using the phone to review where I'm going to walk before I get to the start point, this is really annoying. Suggest that:
a. This is the default behavior when the app is recording a trace.
b. Maybe it could be user definable when not recording?

2. No search by town name. If reviewing the map prior to walking,  I have to drag the map across a distance. On the phone, again, really annoying. In addition, at a zoom level high enough to make scrolling easier, the text of the town names is to small to read. I'm pretty sure at least one competitor product allows a settable minimum text size