[Talk-us] access restriction, water only: How to tag?

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:12:40 UTC 2013

Am 26.07.2013 um 14:17 schrieb Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com>:

> I haven't seen sac_scale used on an area, but it seems reasonable

-1, it is clearly thought and defined for (osm-)highways and not for an area. There are usually several possibilities where to cross an area, especially if you include difficult climbing, so I suggest to either not map any way from land to go there (and maybe put a note on the campsite for other mappers to indicate that it isn't simply not yet mapped), or if there is a climbing route(s) map these routes and add suitable tags to them.

Cheers,
Martin