[Talk-us] JuicyTrails Map and App based on OSM data released

derrick nehrenberg derricknehrenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:45:51 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

What you are seeing in the right pain are lists of .gpx files for rides
that have been uploaded for that area. If an area doesn't contain any
uploaded .gpx files then nothing appears in the right pane.

This is a work in progress, and has not yet been fully implemented. We are
in the process of incorporating user accounts that will enable anyone to
upload .gpx files of hikes, bicycle rides, motorcycle rides, etc. For now
we are the only ones who can upload this kind of content.

RE tagging trails...the .gpx files are totally separate from the map data.
For trails to appear, yes that OSM data has to be tagged with a minimum of
highway=path or highway=track to appear.

thanks,

derrick