[Talk-us] access restriction, water only: How to tag?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 16:28:35 UTC 2013

2013/7/26 Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com>

> If we want to make the map explicit as to the difficulty of foot travel,
> then we should have a tag that can be applied to an area indicating this.
> Perhaps it isn't sac_scale, but we should have something.

the only established tags for areas I am aware of are natural=scrub and
natural=wetland with sub tags (swamp, etc.), maybe this can be further
refined if required (density), or we can come up with new tags for stuff
like quicksand. Suitable keys might be "natural" (for geographic features),
landcover, landuse and maybe more. First of all you should tell us what it
is that makes the area difficult for foot travel. ;-)

cheers,
Martin