[Talk-us] Steady increase in the number of mappers in the US

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Jul 26 17:04:24 UTC 2013

Inspired by this discussion, I've written up a blog post on why we at the
OSM-US chapter love calling editathons:

http://openstreetmap.us/2013/07/why-editathons/

Like I mentioned before, I think they're a great tool to create an excuse
or an impulse for people around the US to get together in meat space and
work on OpenStreetMap. We're fully intending to keep calling them
regularly. Now also speaking as someone who's helped running them locally
in DC, they've been fun to organize and good energy has come from them.

Suggestions and feedback on how to improve them are more than welcome.

Alex