[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Mon Jul 29 07:40:12 UTC 2013

On Jul 28, 2013, at 8:38 PM, Toby Murray wrote:

> We finally managed to get Phil's highway shield rendering up on the OSM-US server today! You can see the tiles here:
>
> http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html
>
> This is a pretty basic preview for now. I'll look at getting the tiles set up in a pretty leaflet UI or something.

This is so great.

I wonder if this would be helpful: I've been generating weekly generalized datasets of route relations.

	http://openstreetmap.us/~migurski/streets-and-routes/

The tiles take a little while to render, so I wonder whether using an intermediate data set would cut some corners while reducing repeat labels?

	http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html#10/37.2817/-121.0762 (repeat labels)

-mike.

sf/ca            http://mike.teczno.com/contact.html