[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Jul 29 12:17:43 UTC 2013

On 7/29/13 1:02 AM, Russ Nelson wrote:
> Toby Murray writes:
>   > We finally managed to get Phil's highway shield rendering up on the OSM-US
>   > server today! You can see the tiles here:
>   >
>   > http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html
>
> Looks good for New York State! Well done! Also looks like I need to
> start editing my local county roads so they can have shields, too.

i agree with Russ, NY looks good for areas that have the needed
relations.

one thing to consider in NY, though - not all counties use the
yellow-on-blue pentagonal County Route signs. right now it's
automagically using that style shield for all county routes.
should we deal with this or let it go?

richard