[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Mon Jul 29 17:34:36 UTC 2013

* Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> [2013-07-29 08:17 -0400]:
> one thing to consider in NY, though - not all counties use the
> yellow-on-blue pentagonal County Route signs. right now it's
> automagically using that style shield for all county routes.
> should we deal with this or let it go?

I'd prefer to deal with it.  I'd like the shields to match actual road
signs as much as possible.

If you can get me a list of what New York counties use which sign styles,
I'll work on getting the rendering to match them.  For what it's worth,
Minh Nguyen has been working with other Ohio mappers to both get Ohio's
county routes into OSM and to document the signage (and the tagging
they're using) at http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Ohio/Route_relations/Networks ;
I would not at all object if people put together similar references for
other states with diverse county sign styles.  :)