[Talk-us] Cemeteries in OSM?

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:18:09 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

It would be 100% fine putting in individual gravestones into OSM. It
is an physical object that can be surveyed, does not move, and people
care about it. Personally, I would enjoy mapping the locations of
gravestones of loved ones, important people, kind of like a little
Internet memorial. When you die, you get your very own node in OSM. If
enough people do it, somebody will make a special slippy map that
supports a very high level zoom to show each gravestone, don't worry
about it not being rendered right now, just try to get the tagging
right.

It sounds like this might be an import, you should follow the normal
process (like the NPS import).

I say go for it!

Thanks
Jason.