[Talk-us] converting .osm to a particular shapefile schema

Alan Brown adbrown1967 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 17:29:57 UTC 2013

Thanks for the responses to these questions ... I'll have to carefully consider each response.  I'

By "pre-existing schema" - I mean the something that looks like the shapefile formats of one of the major commercial map data providers.  We have tools that can consume those formats - and my hope was that it would be easier to write a tool that could get the data to conform to one of those schemas, than it would be to consume the format directly.

"You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.”  - Chinese Proverb