[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Jul 31 03:44:15 UTC 2013

Would be pretty epic if that happened.  I realize that shields in other
regions (the UK and the EU in particular) tend to be as uninspired as Osage
County roads, but still, being able to render something to keep your eyes
peeled for (handy if you're not familiar with the area) instead of
something generic and ugly (sorry, but when it comes to refs, the Ordnance
Survey the current mapnik stylesheet uses just doesn't scratch my back).
 Would also promote usage of the route relations, which is a _way_ more
elegant way of handling route refs instead of (incorrectly) attributing it
to the way.