[Talk-us] Removing US Bicycle Route tags

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jun 5 22:54:11 UTC 2013

Kerry,

On 06.06.2013 00:40, KerryIrons wrote:
> It is not that these roads might be good bicycle routes or even that they
> are perhaps part of existing or proposed bicycle routes.  But they are not
> approved US Bicycle Routes and therefore do not have a USBR route number.
> The maps show them as having a USBR route number.  This is the only thing I
> am seeking to have corrected.

Yes, I think I misunderstood; I read "US bicycle routes" as a generic
term ("a bicycle route in the US") when instead you meant "US Bicycle
Routes" which is a certain kind of bicycle route that has one issuing
authority behind it.

Of course it makes no sense to claim that something was an US Bicycle
Route when it factually isn't.

This is what happens when one particpiates in discussions without the
necessary background ;) Apologies!

Bye
Frederik