[Talk-us] Neighborhoods / Zillow

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Jun 11 19:55:31 UTC 2013

My house is technically in a subdivision named Murray Heights, but I have only seen that name on the deed, and on maps.  In the 21 years I have lived here, I have never heard anyone use that name.  The subdivision was built in the late 1950s, and, unlike some other local subdivisions, there aren't any permanent signs in place as you enter the subdivision.

According to the post office, my house is in the Woodbine postal district, named after a small town that was subsequently swallowed up by the expansion of Nashville.  However, when people refer to the Woodbine area, they usually mean the approximate area of the old town, several miles from my house.

I usually refer to my neighborhood as Antioch, the name of another small town that has expanded outward, even though the official border of Antioch, according to the post office, is about 300 feet from my house.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com