[Talk-us] Neighborhoods / Zillow

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:45:46 UTC 2013

Am 12.06.2013 um 06:21 schrieb Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>:

> Your reply really doesn't address what William is saying, which is
> that neighbourhood boundaries are subjective. I think we all agree
> that neighbourhoods are useful, but they're worse than political
> boundaries in terms of being unsurveyable.

It really depends on the situation, when there are hard limits (railway tracks, waterways, motorways, cliffs, forests, ....) the situation will be much clearer in respect to more fluid boundaries, but still having some rough info about the extension is much better than having a single point which doesn't tell you at all if this neighbourhood is 1 or 8 miles in "diameter". When you evaluate this info you could still take care how close to other neighborhoods and how close to the border of the neighbourhood polygon a feature is.

Cheers,
Martin