[Talk-us] Cleaning up California FMMP "residential"

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Jun 15 06:10:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> I've been doing some California landuse and have come across a lot of
> landuse=residential imported from FMMP which is clearly wrong. The
> landuse=residential covers entire cities, including commercial, industrial,
> retail, parks, schools, golf courses, airports, and pretty much anything
> within city limits.

Those landuse polygons are so hard to edit, so much clutter, interfere with
editors.  Ugh.  Thanks for dealing with this.

But if landuse is going to be in there, I'd prefer a stacked approach.
 Trying to seam a golf course landuse
as a hole in a greater residential land use is a pain.  Could we instead
have a base landuse (e.g. residential)
then simply overlay a more specific land use (e.g. golf course) with a
priority or stacking layer, as in roads?