[Talk-us] ref tags

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Tue Jun 18 13:38:05 UTC 2013

* Jason Remillard <remillard.jason at gmail.com> [2013-06-17 22:19 -0400]:
> If the way is part of relation that has a ref, and the way itself does
> not have a ref, then the relation ref should propagate to the way.

Note that the conventions for ref tags are different for relations and
ways.  A way that is tagged "ref=I 70" should be a member of a relation
that is tagged "network=US:I, ref=70".  (And a relation tagged
"network=US:US:Business, ref=15, modifier=Business" would correspond to a
way tagged "ref=US 15 Business".)  This sort of adaptation might be a good
candidate for the Lua transformations recently added to osm2pgsql, but I
haven't had a chance to really look at those yet.

(Also, of course, such ref projection would need to take concurrencies
into account.  Sigh.)