[Talk-us] Hamlets!

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Jun 21 17:57:40 UTC 2013

On 6/21/13 1:38 PM, stevea wrote:

> A village might be a larger version of a hamlet:  VERY roughly
> speaking, both are "unincorporated communities" (too small to
> incorporate).
a Village in NY is an incorporated area. for example, within Albany
County, there is a
Town of Colonie, and within the Town is the Village of Colonie.

so we need to watch generalizations as every state is different, sometimes
using different names for the same concept. in NY, (outside of NYC which is
its on unique thing), Counties are tiled by Cities and Towns. Villages are
incorporated entities contained within the Towns. Hamlets can be anywhere
in a Town, Village or City, but are just place names.

richard