[Talk-us] Onboarding new mappers | Keeping track of changes

Russell Deffner russdeffner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 19:34:43 UTC 2013

Charlotte,

I don't disagree with:

        If an organization doesn't reach out to people in a positive way,
they won't stay, and they won't do their best when mapping

But the key here is, this is different.  What organization is/represents
OSM?  And beyond, how can any organization say they 'are' OSM?  If you think
the OSM-US (or international) Foundation(s) should be doing more, I think
they're always looking for volunteers to work with the Communications
Working Group
<http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Communication_Working_Group> .

In a nutshell, I do my best to gently reach out to new mappers if I think
they may need some guidance; but never say 'you need to tag this
differently' (without an explanation of a better way).

=Russ

russdeffner at gmail.com

russdeffner on OSM