[Talk-us] Tagging a super-two highway (trunk or motorway?)

Richie Kennedy richiekennedy56 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 01:12:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> But that goes back to "are we trying to be consistent within OSM, or are
> we trying to second guess the renderer to look like some other publisher's
> map?"  Or to put it another way, "Why are we trying to tag for the renderer
> in Kansas?"

The argument that I (and Chris) are making is that a two lane freeway is
properly tagged motorway (and Chris takes it further, saying that doing so
*is* consistent within OSM)

I'm not going to tag a roadway as "motorway" unless I'm positive that it
qualifies. It also helps to have something to back it up with.