[Talk-us] Tagging Live Indoor Music Venues (continued)

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Sat Mar 2 19:46:24 UTC 2013

Will,

         We have a tag for "theater." Does that cover music venues
(such as Disney Hall, here in LA)? What about nightclubs, such as The
Roxy or Troubadour? What about in-between places (in terms of size),
such as the Wiltern of the Broad Stage in Santa Monica? Both are used
for music, theater and, sometimes, comedy. Then, of course, there is
the Improv or the Groundlings in Chicago, which are kind of
nightclubs or small theaters for comedy, not music.
         Maybe we need a more general tag, such as "performance
venue" with some tags to specify the type of performance (theater,
music, comedy)? Just a suggestion.

Charlotte

At 05:54 PM 2/28/2013, you wrote:

>To those who commented, thank you.
>
>I've created a wiki page
><http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dmusic_venue>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dmusic_venue
>that include the points that most of we were able to agree upon,
>which is using amenity=music_venue to tag these places.
>

>As for using concert_hall, and other more complex tags, we can
>continue the discussion on there (or here if you want) and as more
>of these objects are tagged, more tags can be used.
>
>regards,
>will.

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.