[Talk-us] US Bicycle Routes in KY, TN, AL, MS, and GA

KerryIrons irons54vortex at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 10 22:47:58 UTC 2013

Steve,

I understand the concept you are putting forth and my concern is to be sure
that whatever mechanism is used for mapping US Bicycle Routes that there is
communication and coordination in the process.

And this is a bit off topic (forgive me as I am new here) but why is there
no scale displayed on OSM/OCM maps?  Likewise why do large city names not
show up until you zoom in?  At roughly above "half way" on the detail scale
the names Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, New York City,
Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Denver, London, Paris, Berlin,
Amsterdam, Rome and on and on don't show up.  It seems just the opposite of
Google Maps where you don't see the suburbs' names until you zoom in - in
OSM/OCM you only see (some) suburbs' names until you zoom in.

Kerry Irons
Adventure Cycling Association