[Talk-us] RAGBRAI Mapping

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Mar 18 06:16:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>>
>> Also, what's the best way to share this with non-OSM people?  The
>> route is starting to be rendered on OpenCycleMap, except that it
>> doesn't show up at the scale I would need to show the whole route (and
>> might get confused with other routes in the region).  The following
>> URL doesn't work for me for some reason:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=2821829
>

> Change your url to match the previous example.  It probably should be
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2821829

No, the "/browse/relation/2821829" page has a small map window with a
link below it that says "view relation on larger map" which is a link
to "/?relation=2821829".  The 2nd style has worked in the past, but
I'm not sure if it's a bug in the particular browsers I'm using or if
there's a bug on the OSM website, it's been a while since I've tried
to use this feature of the OSM website and there have been a lot of
changes on both sides of the equation.

--
Jeff Ollie