[Talk-us] RAGBRAI Mapping

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Mar 19 05:48:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Again, I wasn't saying it shouldn't be in OSM at all. I was saying
> that it shouldn't be tagged as a regional cycle network. Because it
> isn't.

I'm flexible on the tagging, as long as I can figure out a reasonable
way to share it with non-OSM insiders.  Using:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=2821829

would almost be perfect, except that I can't get it to work reliably
(for some reason just now it worked, but I haven't gotten it to work
for several days).  Also, adding a giant circle just because a node
has a tag is annoying.

I'll have some free time later this week, maybe I'll look into
generating my own overlay tiles.

--
Jeff Ollie