[Talk-us] [Imports-us] Baltimore Building Outlines Import

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Sun May 5 12:17:50 UTC 2013

* Elliott Plack <elliott.plack at gmail.com> [2013-05-04 09:43 -0700]:
> Building type: you might be able to tell if its classified
> residential or commercial or whatever from the GIS data.

Spatial queries should be able to tell that in combination with the
landuse shapefiles
( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Baltimore,_Maryland/Landuse and
https://data.baltimorecity.gov/Geographic/Land-use-Shape/feax-3ycj ),
although my only experience with doing that sort of thing has been
with PostGIS databases; I don't know if QGIS can do it on its own.

--- --
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship
at the First Church of PDF Really Sucks.
                       -- Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini